Your shame is doing nobody any favors....and--surprise: it also has no basis in reality.
Here is your customized plan for releasing shame, guilt, & self-judgment:
1. Forgive yourself for the things you did when you were in pain/before you were healing. Compassion, understanding, and love are NEVER inappropriate gifts to give yourself. Watch this video for a deep dive into this topic.
2. Choose differently. We build up integrity and trust with ourselves when we act in alignment with our values--and doing so will also help you release shame for any things you did in your past that you're not proud of. Watch this IGTV video for more on this.
3. Forgive others. You will have an easier time releasing shame and guilt that you feel towards yourself when you can find it within yourself to not shame and guilt others. What causes you to want to shame and guilt others? Can you choose love, compassion, and understanding with them instead? And then, can you do the same for yourself? Explore.
Hi! I’m Sophie.
My passion and purpose is helping women struggling with codependency stop people pleasing and start living the amazing lives they’ve always dreamed of living.
For most of my life I was stuck in a codependent cycle of resenting others, blaming others for my emotions and my circumstances in life, and trying to control other peoples’ lives and emotions in an effort to feel some sense of purpose and self worth.
After discovering the origin of my codependency & healing it in every area of my life, I decided that I had to help others do the same.
Now, almost a decade later, I help my clients go through that same process in my 1:1 & group programs. There is nothing I love more than helping women transform their pain into purpose and ignite passion and love for themselves and their lives.
Looking for some quick wins in healing
1. Check out The Codependent Millennial podcast. Each week I bring you new insights and tools that will help you heal your codependency & build a life that you truly love.
2. Come say hi on Instagram @CodependentMillennial where I have tons of helpful IGTV videos, I do mini-trainings every week, & I host powerful free challenges a couple of times per year.
3. Explore coaching: If you are ready to take this work deeper and heal your codependency once & for all, we might be a perfect fit to work together. If you want to learn about how coaching can change your life on a private call with me, click here to fill out the application. Can't wait to talk with you soon!
And be sure to check your inbox, because each week I send out all sorts of valuable codependency-related resources!